Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Miracle Baby part II... Blessings pouring in..

April 7, 2010, Eon's 4-month birthday, marks the end of our 18 day hospital stay. It's been the most trying time of our life, and we are just so happy that at long last, we are going home. However, it wasn't that easy to get out of the hospital. We have to pay the bill. Our hospital bill came at a total of 54,000++, minus Philhealth Insurance, the total was 36,260.03 and that's what we have to pay the hospital in order to get out. We have been paying for the medicines in cash since the early days of our hospital stay and we were totally depleted. God never failed to provide us with our needs during our hospital stay. I wasn't working and my husband's meager income is barely able to make ends meet, but God showed his miracle through the people around us, Our family, our friends and the brethren in our church who always prays for us. My parents sold a parcel of land they've owned for 15 years just to help us pay for our hospital bill. A good of friend of mine, Heije Lascuña, who is a nurse in the USA bought the land and made a huge downpayment and we used that to pay our bill. Also another good friend since my childhood days, Blondee Resuena-Canizares, helped me process my paper work for financial assistance at the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office and they shouldered 10,000 of our hospital bill which was a really big help. A brother of my husband, who is working as a traffic controller also gave 3,000.

I will forever bear my gratefulness to all the people who helped us financially, morally and spiritually. I thank all the brethren, our Group 2 small group organization in L.B Tabo SDA church who never tire of praying for us every meeting and during church services. To my parents who have been so supportive and for taking care of my Eldest daughter, Adi during our hospital stay. My sisters with their husbands and families, our friends... To you we will forever be grateful..


My sister's family during one of their visits...

I wished I could have taken photos of all the friends and relatives who came to visit but it never crossed my mind at the time.. Nevertheless, you will always be in my heart and I will forever remember that at one point in my life, you made that difference...

No comments: