Friday, June 15, 2012

Start Of A New Beginning

Eon had his repeat EEG on June 7, 2012. It was by the request of Child Neurologist Dr. Agbisit to check Eon's brain activity and see if it's normal, then his maintenance medicine can be tapered and eventually stopped. He was supposed to be asleep during the procedure so we went there at past 12 noon just in time for his afternoon nap. However, when we got there,it seemed he got so excited he couldn't sleep. He kept on laughing and smiling at the people around him and it actually took us an hour for him to put him to sleep. We cannot put him on the bed because we were afraid putting him down might wake him up, so all the while the EEG was performed, our long time Nanny, Nanay Diding carried him in her arms, I couldn't take him either because it might also wake him up.

On June 12, 2012, we had our scheduled check up with Dr. Agbisit and she gave us the EEG results. She was very pleased to inform us that Eon's EEG is normal and she even said that among all the EEG results that she interpreted that day, only Eon's turned out normal. I couldn't explain the happiness that I felt, finally, after 2 years and 6 months, Eon is finally free of the illness that struck him at birth, Finally, for the first time in his 2 years and 6 months of existence, Eon will be free of maintenance medicines. She gave us instructions on tapering the medicines as it cannot be stopped abruptly. The dosage will be reduced every 2 weeks, starting June 12, until about 7-8 weeks where it will be stopped altogether.
I am down on my knees thanking God for giving me this miracle.Thank you Lord, Your mercy endureth forever! Eon with Dr. Agbisit during his last check up. He was crying and saying "Mommy...."

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hello ma'am! My son is currently one of the patients of dra. agbisit in gensan. I was so inspired by your story. I'm also hopeful for the health status of my son after 1 year of medication. :)

God is so amazing!