Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Eon's Thanksgiving Celebration

July 30, 2010, Eon and Adi were having a fever and we took them to the Doctor. On our way home, it was the yaya who was holding Eon in the car and I didn't know that his fever was already so high. When we got home, the yaya put Eon on the bed and I laid beside him so I can take a nap. Just when I was about to lie down, Eon starting shaking and he was already having a seizure. It's been a month since Eon had his last seizure, and I blamed myself for not checking his temperature right away and give him his medicine. The seizure lasted for about 20 or more seconds and he cried right after. I immediately gave him a dose of Paracetamol and his maintenance meds, Phenobarbital and Valproic Acid. His maintenance meds wasn't due for at least an hour, but I decided to give it to him earlier than usual so he doesn't have another seizure attack. At that moment, I prayed and asked God to make that his last Seizure attack. I also said in my prayer that I would throw a Thanksgiving Celebration after 1 year of Eon being seizure free. God fulfilled that promise, and I also fulfilled my end of the deal.

A year has passed since Eon had his last seizure attack, and We hosted a Thanksgiving celebration last July 31, 2011. I didn't invite that much people. I only invited our closest friends who were there during our darkest moments. The people who prayed and fasted for Eon's healing and recovery, after all, it was our means of saying "Thank You" to those who witnessed what the whole family went through and prayed with us throughout the ordeal. I personally invited LB Tabo Small Group # 2,the Four Corners, who sang a Thanksgiving song, and Pastor & Mrs. Sagabay. It was Pastor Sagabay who annointed Eon when he was at the hospital, and it was just fitting that he was the one to conduct the Thanksgiving message. It was a very intimate moment, joined by our closest friends to celebrate the gift of life and normalcy that God gave to my baby Eon.







No comments: